Bird Dog USA LLC ("Bird Dog
1. Personal Data and Aggregate Information
" refers to information that tells us specifically who you are, such as your email and any other information you provide relating to certain support or customer service issues. "User Generated Data"
refers to information in any form that you enter and that you enter into the Bird Dog-provided platform on your device in respect of your client or any other person or subject in relation to your investigation and which is intended for or converted into a Completed Report. Bird Dog Sites provide a platform for you to enter and upload User Generated Data and a template to convert that into a pdf report (or other form) that can be further distributed by you. Bird Dog does not retain, maintain or store such Client Data when input or once it becomes a Completed Report, and it is your responsibility to retain such Use Generated Data or store such report for your own purposes.
From time to time, we may collect general, non-personal, statistical information about the use of the Sites or Services. This information represents a generic overview of our Users' collective viewing habits and allows us and other third parties to modify information, promotions, offers, and/or discounts on Services based on User traffic and behavior.
We collect this information using technologies such as "cookies", which are discussed in greater detail below. We collect this information to determine, for example, which areas of the Sites are most popular and to enhance the Sites. We may also group this information into aggregate data to describe the use of the Sites to our existing or potential business partners or other third parties, or in response to a government request. From time to time, we may use this information to optimize third-party offers of products and/or services. We also may share or sell aggregated demographic and preference data to third parties to enable the provision of targeted information. However, please be assured that this aggregate data in no way will it personally identify you or any other Users.
2. Information Bird Dog May Collect From You
Bird Dog receives and stores only Personal Data you enter on our Sites relating to you or your business which is necessary to the conduct of our business. Types of information you may provide include:
- Contact Information. When you sign up for or upgrade an account, you may be required to provide your name, email address, street address, billing address, and phone number, and additional information that enables you to sign up for and use Services.
- Payment Information. We may collect Personal Data such as your credit card number or expiration date when you sign up for a Subscription Period, Plan, Services, or free trial.
- Information You Submit or Post. We may collect information you submit to us using our feedback tool or questionnaires. For example, when you contact customer support, we may receive your name, email address, phone number, the contents of a message or attachments that you may send to us, and other information you choose to provide.
- Phone Information. If you have installed the Sites or use the Sites on your mobile device or tablet, it may require special permission such as access to the camera, microphone, pictures, read and write external storage, network access, etc., those permissions allow the Sites to work properly on your device. If you do not allow all required permission to the Sites, it may not work properly.
- Survey Information. Bird Dog may also collect information and data provided by you from our responses to surveys that we might ask for research purposes to improve our Services. Bird Dog may post testimonials on our Sites with express consent of the individual or company who provided the information. We may also post or share news, events, results, accomplishments, marketing materials from individuals or companies to help promote their brand. Requests to remove posted materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reasonable efforts will be made to remove posts upon receiving written notice.
3. Automatically Collected Information
When you visit or access certain Sites, Bird Dog may collect certain information from you automatically, such as information provided by your website browser or mobile device, including but not limited to:
- Device Identifiable Information. We may collect information that is linked to your computer or device ("Device Identifiable Information"). This information may include your IP address, browser type and language, access times, pages visited, and operating system.
- Mobile Device Information. We may collect information from any mobile device you use to access our Sites and Services, including device type and model, network provider, and unique device identifier.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies. We may collect technologies such as "cookies," "pixels," and "widgets."
- Pixels/Web Beacons (also known as Web bugs, pixel tags or clear GIFs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier that may be included on our Services for several purposes, including to deliver or communicate with Cookies, to track and measure the performance of our Services, to monitor how many visitors view our Services, and to monitor the effectiveness of our advertising. Unlike Cookies, which are stored on the user's hard drive, Web Beacons are typically embedded invisibly on web pages (or in an e-mail).
- Social Media Widgets such as a share button to Facebook or Twitter may be on our Sites. These features may collect your IP address and what page you are visiting on our Website.
- Google Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on some of our Services, and to develop website content. This analytics data is not tied to any Personal Data. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can opt out of Google's collection and Processing of data generated by your use of the Services by going to tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. How We Use Your Information
We use, store, and process information, including Personal Data about you, to provide, understand, improve, and develop the Sites and Services. This information is collected for the necessary purposes set out below:
- To carry out our Services, Service agreements and obligations from any contracts entered between you and Bird Dog, including billing and collections
- Notify you of Service and subscription expirations and renewals
- To provide customized, personalized content through our Sites and Services
- Notify you about changes to our Sites, Services or Policies
- To allow you to participate in new features and Services on our Sites
- To facilitate the delivery of content or advertisements that we feel may be relevant to you
- To communicate new or existing products or services that we feel can help you
- For any other purpose with your consent
5. How We Share Information We Collect
Bird Dog Personal Data and User Generated Data may be shared with certain third-party companies for the purposes set forth below:
- Bird Dog may sometimes need to share your Personal Data or User Generated Data to help facilitate technical and administrative aspects of Bird Dog's Services (i.e. hosting, report generation). Bird Dog will take reasonable steps to ensure that these service providers are notified of their obligations to reasonably protect Personal Data and User Generated Data on Bird Dog's behalf. Notwithstanding the above, we cannot guarantee that such service providers will adhere to the contractual obligations or acceptable business practices.
- We may provide your anonymized and aggregated Personal Data to third parties.
- The Sites may allow you to connect with other websites, products, or services that we don't have control over. If you use these services, we will provide the third party with information about you to allow them to provide the service to you. We can't speak to the privacy practices of these third parties, and we encourage you to read their privacy policies before deciding whether to use their services.
- Bird Dog may release information when we believe it is necessary in order to comply with a legal obligation under applicable law, or respond to valid legal process, such as a search warrant, a court order, or a subpoena. We will also share your Personal Data where we believe it is necessary for the purpose of our own, or a third party's legitimate interest relating to national security, law enforcement, litigation, criminal investigation, or protecting the safety of any person, provided that such interest is not overridden by your interests or rights and freedoms requiring the protection of your Personal Data.
- We may disclose certain Personal Data while negotiating or in relation to a change of corporate control such as a restructuring, merger or sale of our assets. We may sell information and Personal Data with any successor to all or part of our business.
- We may disclose Personal Data whenever you consent to the sharing.
6. Your Choices
You can always unsubscribe from our commercial or promotional emails, but if you continue to use the Services, we may still send you transactional and relational emails about your use of the Services.
You can opt out of receiving push notifications through your device settings. Please note that opting out of receiving push notifications may impact your use of the Sites and Services.
While you can prevent your device from sharing location information at any time through your device's operating system settings, user location is important to your use of the Sites and Services and without it will affect your use of the Sites and Services.
We take reasonable precautions to protect the privacy, accuracy, and reliability of any information you provide and to protect such information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Personal Data is stored within databases that are controlled by us or by our service providers. As we deem appropriate, we use security measures consistent with industry standards, such as firewalls and encryption technology, to protect your information. However, since no security system is impenetrable, we cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet. As a result, you transmit any information to or from the Sites at your own risk.